Sunday, November 15, 2009

State Fair 2009

One of my favorite times of year in North Carolina is October. The month of the State Fair! Having been advertised since the early spring I look forward to taking the kids to the fair all
summer long! I don't really even know why, honestly . . .
But from the very second that I hear the first whisperings about the State Fair - I start to get excited! This year I was lucky enough to have Aimee and her kids (who we adore) come with us.
Adults = 2
Children under 5 = 4

For the kids one of the best parts of the entire afternoon was riding the city bus!
We parked in a parking lot a few miles from the fairgrounds and then caught the bus so we didn't have to bother with parking.


Each of the kids were able to pick 4 rides each to go on.
Let me say that the decision making is brutal when your little heart wants nothing more than all the rides.
And then my all time favorite part of the fair!
From the time of that first announcement I begin to feel their weightlessness in my hands and the downy of their sweet little feathers.
I look forward to this part from that day on!




(this little chick was fascinated with the polk-a-dots on Keira's dress and pecked at them the whole time!)

Poor little chicks - thanks for being so patient with so many little hands!

All in all it was quite a success!

I am still dreaming about fried oreos.

The wagon was essential. (All 4 kids rode in the 1 wagon most of the time.)

The kids were perfect.

Here's to State Fair 2010!

1 comment:

EM said...

Charlotte, we are meant to be friends. I also have a great love for the State Fair. I was so sad this year that Ben didn't want me to take Tal (he was only 2 weeks old) so I missed it. Can't wait for next year though and hopefully many, many years after :)