Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Heart is So Full



two simple baby blankets

best friends one could ever hope for


the little world they have just created

Recently I just finished preparing a package for our very dear friends Emilee and Ben. I made two simple blankets to add to the package. But those very simple bunches of fabric brought so many very tender feelings to my heart. I am not a good sewer, but I have sewn a few things for other people before taking on this project. However, never before was my heart so full and so filled with love than as I made these blankets for a baby whom I already love so much. As I pushed the yards of fabric through the machine my mind raced with the thoughts and feelings these two might have had before the arrival of their sweet little boy. For hours I was beaming. A huge smile on my face. And my hands trembled with excitement on behalf of my two friends. I would finish for the night and then go to bed still energized with pure joy.

Then I reminisced of the very precious time that Dakota and I prepared and awaited for each of our little one's arrivals. And I thought about the little world we are creating daily within these four walls. How those three little bodies make our life complete and full of joy. How each day is filled with adoration and pride as I watch them grow and learn about this beautiful world in which they have come to live. And we are the lucky one's to witness it. Amazing.

In Emilee's very own words "I can't believe how enamored I am."

In fact, I am still glowing. The family is the most precious creation of all.

There are no better parents than those Talus has been entrusted to.


Now if only I could hold him . . . just for a minute!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

EM said...

Charlotte, you are so great! I had lost your blog address so I just barely saw this today. We hope that you can meet our little Tal very soon! He is great!